Policy pursuant to Art. 13 of EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) on the protection of personal data.
This policy may be updated or modified from time to time, so please consult this page regularly to keep up to date with any changes and/or updates that may have occurred.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text strings that websites that you visit send to your terminal (usually to your browser), where they are stored to be subsequently sent back to said websites on your next visit. No important or sensitive data is exchanged via cookies.
Cookies can be divided into various categories:
- technical cookies
- statistical cookies
- profiling cookies
- "first party" cookies
- "third party" cookies
"Technical or Necessary" cookies
Technical or necessary cookies are those used only to "transmit a communication over an electronic communications network, or as strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide such service".
They are not used for additional purposes and are normally installed directly by the website owner or manager.
They can be divided into:
- browsing or session cookies, which guarantee the normal browsing and use of the website (for example, to make a purchase or log in to access reserved areas);
- statistical cookies, similar to technical cookies when they are created and used directly by the "first party" website to improve its usability, or by "third parties" and tools are adopted that reduce the identification power of cookies (for example, by masking significant portions of the IP) and the "third party" undertakes not to cross-check the information contained in the cookies with other information already available to it;
- functional cookies or preferences, that allow the user to browse according to a series of selected criteria (for example, language, products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service rendered to the same.
Profiling cookies are used to create user profiles and to send advertising messages matching the preferences expressed by users as they browse the internet.
"First party" cookies
They are defined as "first party" when they are managed directly by the manager of the website.
"Third Party" cookies
When cookies are set and managed by managers extraneous to the website visited by the user.
"Life" time" or duration of a cookie
A cookie can be defined as "session" or "persistent" in relation to its permanence or duration of storage. “Session" cookies have a duration linked to the browsing session while so-called persistent cookies can last for a long time, but you can remove them at any time if you wish.
Managing and removing cookies
The default setting of most browsers is to automatically accept cookies. If you so desire, you can disable this setting directly from your browser.
If you use several devices to access this website (computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc.) you will need to ensure that your device's browser is set to suit your preferences with regard to cookies.
Below is a list with more detailed information for disabling cookies in relation to the main browsers:
- disabling cookies in Chrome
- disabling cookies in Firefox
- disabling cookies in Safari
- disabling cookies in Internet Explorer
- disabling cookies in Opera
- disabling cookies in Edge
- disabling cookies in Safari on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
Notwithstanding the foregoing, users may make use of the information provided by EDAA (EU), Network Advertising Initiative (USA) and Digital Advertising Alliance (USA), DAAC (Canada) or other similar services. With these services, it is possible to manage the tracking preferences of most advertising tools.
The Data Controller, therefore, recommends users to use these resources in addition to the information provided in this document.
The cookies on this website
We do not use profiling cookies on this website but those described below:
They help to make the website usable by enabling basic functions such as page browsing or remembering the consent to cookies expressed in the banner.
The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Description: cookie necessary for the usability of the website
Duration: browsing session
Description: stores the status of consent to cookies
Duration: 12 months